Ad Schaerlaeckens is known as one of the best pigeon fanciers, authors and pigeon sport advocates of all time. He is world renowned by the pigeon community and has numerous accomplishments in the pigeon sport.
In 1995 when Ad was crowned as the over all Champion of Afdeling M Brabant (cf ‘Provincial’) again, Mr Marinus the chairman said that never ever he had experienced a Champion who was so dominating. The years that followed the race results were even better ! Since 1980 no one won so many championships and 1st prizes in ‘Midden Brabant’ (average 11,000 birds competing) as Ad Schaerlaeckens.
In 1985 when he won again National Orleans it was said in National Magazine NPO:
- ‘Ad Schaerlaeckens is the mayor of Orleans.’
- In the years that followed his results from National Orleans were even better.
- In 1996 he won National Orleans 1st
- In 1997 he won National Orleans 5th and 9th
- In 1998 he won National Orleans 8th, 10th, 13th.
- Nobody in the whole country did better.
Regional he was Over All Champion old birds AND young birds from 1980 till 1999. Due to special circumstances since 1999 no young birds were raced. In 1997 his fellow fanciers got so desperate that Ad was forbidden to pool any money.
Articles by Ad Schaerlaeckens
- Thoughts on Moult Part1
- Thoughts on Moult Part2
- The Secrets of the Champions
- 10 Pigeon Racing Rules to Remember
- 10 Mistakes of Non-Champions